Thursday, October 23, 2008

No Australian Internet Censorship

gah. people say to me, "I'm glad 4chan will be censored".

Oscar Wilde once said, "I don't agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

I agree... why should other people decide what sort of things are appropriate for me to read? I can decide for myself! All those english teachers were trying to teach me critical thinking for a reason, and now I am thinking critically about censorship.

Don't Do It! I will fight you! And when I fight, it is not only to win now, but permanently. I have just read Ender's Game, and learnt that if you are going to fight, you must win so convincingly that you never have to fight again.

On a side note, the economy will not recover to 2007 levels until at least 2012.

No comments: