Saturday, August 27, 2005

Well... at least the pool table's getting lots of use. I am now officially tired, after having played/watched 12 hours of pool... If I keep this up, I'll either get sick of it or... no, come to think of it I'll just get sick of it. It's not addictive like computer games (which, disgustingly, I've been playing a bit lately again. Meh, I can stop any time I like ;).

A good night, though. And café Nova (brunswick st) does an amazing big breakfast.. even at 3pm.

People who get lucky shots in all the time deserve to sink the white ball more often. It doesn't matter how much of a fluke it is, as long as you predict which ball(s) in which pocket. It's when balls just randomly go in that I get annoyed. No, annoyed is not the right word... mildly irritated? It's like the feeling when you're being tickled, and you want it to stop..

Congratulations to Moe for going swimming at 7am. Courage. I don't reckon 12ºC is as cold as Milford Sound, though.. that was really just melted snow :p.

Good show about hypnotism on Catalyst this evening (yay for abc 2). Apparently it's amazingly effective on about 10% of the population - and doesn't work at all on another 10%. One of the lucky ones managed to go through abdominal surgery without anaesthetic! "It was like someone drawing a line on my tummy with a pencil". The usual other rubbish - a girl who had to roar like a lion every time she sipped a glass of water. Looks like fun, actually... and there were no pendulums involved, just talking. Look out church, you can now _pay_ to be hypnotised. As opposed to donating. And working. Not that I think most people go to church for the hypnotic aspect.. but I'm sure it's a factor for some. Ramble.

No comments: